A 5-year-old start-up, Fintech, was doing its best to improve its rankings on the search engine. They regularly churned out fresh, creative and relevant content. They followed all Algo updates and enhanced their platform to rank better than their competitors. But, they didn’t see any improvement in their ranks.
After a careful competitor analysis, they realized that their webpage lacked visually appealing content. And, their competitors had done a great job of incorporating such content.
Fintech decided to use the learnings from the competitor analysis and incorporate a video in its digital marketing strategy. It took them a few months to plan and make a video.
Once the video was uploaded to their site, their rankings improved in less than 20 days. Gradually, they started getting more number of views and their conversion rates doubled!
Currently, their website ranks at the top in a Google search! This clearly shows that videos have a hegemonic online presence.
Videos on the Search Engine
If you search ‘Yoga’ in Google, your primary results on the top of the page will be all videos about Yoga Poses, 15 mins Morning Yoga, etc.
These days, most searches on Google contain a video link. Videos are an integral part of Google’s algorithm and are set to shift the paradigms of digital marketing!
Read more- Why and how to use video for marketing
But Why Video?
Videos are important for wider digital marketing success. The stats below highlight their importance in today’s digital marketing strategy.
- According to Cisco, ‘By 2021, video traffic will capture 82% of Internet traffic’.
- As per recent reports from HubSpot, about 78% of Internet consumers view online videos every week and 55% every day.
- More than 1 billion hours of videos are watched on YouTube daily.
- YouTube gets millions of subscriptions each day.
- You can navigate YouTube in 76 different languages. This covers 95% of the population on the internet.
Now, take a look at some of the perks of having a video:
- Allows you to build brand awareness and gain consumer trust.
- Improves chances of conversion. Approximately 85% of users are likely to purchase a product after watching a video.
- Increases appeal. Videos appeal to mobile users. Over 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile phones. So, you have the ability to increase your reach.
- Strengthens the bond with your visitors.
- Encourages viewers to visit your site regularly.
- Improves recall value. People remember good videos.
These days, most people consume videos to gather information and expand their knowledge.
Hurix Digital understands this trend. We develop strategies incorporating such and other latest trends to enhance your brand’s digital impact.
Here are a few tips for you to use videos and improve your SEO!
1) Use Video on Landing Page
When users land on your page, you have only a few minutes to catch their attention. An interesting video on your landing page will compel the audience to stay and spend a longer duration on the platform.
With videos, you can share more information in a short time. It can help you communicate better with your audience and share everything they need to know about your product or service. Search engines take note of this when positioning your web page.
There are 2 ways you can incorporate a video on your landing page:
- Embedding a video through a hosting platform such as YouTube
- Hosting a video on your website
2) Fill-in Technical Details
When you upload a video, make sure you enter the right information on the backend. Technical details like titles and descriptions play a huge part in how videos are ranked. When people search for something, they enter certain keywords. And, for your video to show up in those searches, you should use them both in titles and descriptions.
Additionally, add meta to your video sitemap. The sitemap should include an HTML code that designates video title, descriptions and other tags. HTML tags help search engines to understand the context of the web page. For example, here’s how the code looks:
The other information you need to enter includes:
- Title tag information
- Keywords in description tag
- Video length
- No of subscribers after watching
- Likes & dislikes
These all will help your video to rank better. Although it is challenging to get web page rank organically, you can take care of these technical SEO parameters and ensure you have high-quality content on your site. This helps search engine spiders to crawl and prioritize your video.
3) Position the Video at the Center of the Web Page
If your audience has to keep scrolling to reach your video, they either may not arrive at it or may lose attention. This will definitely decrease crawling by search engine spiders because they are unlikely to index a hidden video.
A video at the centre of your web page will draw focus and increase your video’s crawlability. Typically, this is a good position to grab the maximum attention of the users.
4) Use Video on Social Media
Being active on social media can boost the rank of a website. It can drive traffic to your website. Videos have been recognized to garner higher engagement. Higher traffic means higher possible ranking.
Google takes note of organic followers, views, dwell time, etc. When you post videos, you create engagement amongst the audience. If the audience likes your video, they may come back to watch it often.
Make sure you add subtitles to social media video. Unlike videos without subtitles, those with subtitles encourage your audience to watch them.
To increase your reach, you need to invoke an emotion with your video. Your audience should be able to relate and connect to your content. If an engaging video on social media is getting better traction, then Google will increase the ranking of the associated website.
Read more- 7 Highly Effective Tips on Technical SEO
5) Create an Engaging Thumbnail
Your thumbnail is the first thing your audience sees. Grab their attention with an engaging thumbnail in your video. The thumbnail image should be relevant, alluring and provoking. It should excite a user to click and watch your video.
Generally, you should choose a thumbnail image from the video itself. It should give the audience a snapshot or a glimpse of your video.
Add text headings on your video thumbnail. No matter how simple an image is, catchy text can grab users’ attention.
6) Add a CTA at the End of the Video
It’s a craft to turn a visitor into a customer. Most marketers promote the Ad in the right way but end up putting a wrong CTA. Your CTA should encourage your audience to click and visit your website or the product page.
7) Web Page Load Speed
Users like videos that load fast. Google also rewards platforms that offer faster speed. There are a number of ways where you can give a flawless video experience to your users:
- Convert to HTML5: You can use an online video converter to convert your video to HTML5 formats such as WebM and MP4.
- Use data compression tools: Tools like the HandBrake reduces the video size without degrading the quality of an image.
Read more- 9 Ways to Create Highly Effective Learning Videos
Some More Key Things to Note
- Video titles should be a minimum of 5 words. You should also include keywords in your title for better optimization.
- Video description should be at least 250 words. Also, include important keywords within the first 25 words of the video description.
Video marketing has the power to speak a thousand words. It boosts your SEO rankings and brings great value to your brand. Incorporate a video and see the impact today.
9 On-page SEO Tips for Getting Noticed