As Online learning development goes digital, it becomes imperative for organizations and educational institutions to digitalize their learning and development content. There are several learning and development tools available in the market that you can use to custom-create your content. Here, in this article, we talk about online learning development and delivery tools.
What is an authoring tool used for online learning development
An authoring tool is a software program that assists you in creating eLearning and other types of digital content. These tools contain pre-built templates that allow you to create exciting interactive experiences and also build your own pages without the knowledge of any code, and that too with just a few clicks of the mouse, in multiple formats, such as HTML5 and SCORM. (How to Create a SCORM Compliant Course on a Budget?)
top online authoring tools that are consider for digitizing content.
Elucidat: This cloud-based, responsive authoring tool is designed to help you create and scale high-quality eLearning content. The strength of the tool includes:
- Pre-built templates, plus the flexibility to create your own
- A complete range of interactive features such as branches, rules and badges
- Powerful analytic dashboard which you can use to create reports and gain insights
- Sophisticated translation tools that allow you to translate your content into multiple languages
- Variations management to simplify working at scale
The tool also includes free support to help both experienced and novice authors to leverage the full capabilities of the tool.
Adobe Captivate: This desktop application is available for both Windows and Mac. While it is one of the most powerful authoring or online learning development tools available, it has a steep learning curve and a set of challenges. Experienced authors can create interactive content using various customization options. Captivate includes built-in screen recording that allows you to create high-quality system demos. It can also be used to create complex interactions that contribute to a highly immersive learner experience. Some of the strengths of the tool include:
- Output is location-aware, which means users can hook into a device’s geo-location capability
- Experienced authors can create complex interactions
- Create accelerometer-based interaction types
- Ability to create virtual reality (VR) learning experiences
- Create content that is great for screen recording and simulations
Articulate Storyline: This Windows desktop application is flexible to use and provides a PowerPoint look and feel. It has a modest learning curve and is great for those already familiar with PowerPoint. You can use this authoring tool to create highly customized and engaging content, and control theme pages using project colors and slide masters. Some of the strengths of this authoring tool include:
- Flexibility in creating and controlling the content output
- Modest learning curve and those already familiar with PowerPoint can easily leverage its features
- A highly active user community
Kitaboo Author: Kitaboo Author is a cloud-based, responsive authoring or online learning development tool that lets you create interactive and fully responsive digital content. This platform delivers output in multiple formats like HTML5 and SCORM. You can build a table of content, write content and create assessments using Kitaboo Author. You can create and deliver mobile-ready responsive content without any desktop installations.
- Create responsive content online
- Easy-to-use drag and drop templates and widgets
- Responsive HTML5 output for multiple devices
- Add interactive elements- videos, audio, quizzes
- Preview your content for all device sizes and resolutions
Online content delivery tools
It is not just important to create digital content; you also need to ensure that it is delivered to your audience. If no one sees your content, nobody is going to learn from it.
Content delivery includes the geographical distribution of web content in a way to ensure faster page loads and better access to the information by the end-users.
powerful content delivery tools that can be used to distribute content to audience.
HootSuite: HootSuite is one of the most popular social distribution platforms available in the market today. The tool is free to use and offers the following features:
- Manage and publish your content from your dashboard on all major social networks including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Foursquare
- A wide range of integration features is available in the App Directory and also from other social networks such as YouTube and Tumblr
- Sales integrations such as MailChimp and Salesforce
Learning Management Systems (LMS): An LMS allows you to deliver all your eLearning content to your audiences, either as personalized journeys or commercially. Here are some LMS tools that you can consider for delivering your content:
- TalentLMS: This LMS comes with tools that can help you build and distribute different types of online courses from the scratch with just a few clicks of a mouse, using different file types and multimedia (iFrame, SCORM, presentations).
- Easygenerator: This cloud-based eLearning software can be used to create and distribute engaging content. It has a small learning curve and can be used by even those people with no eLearning or didactical background.
- Google Classroom: This great collaboration tool for teachers and students allows educators to create assignments, track information and receive feedback.
Amazon CloudFront: This fast content delivery network securely delivers all types of online content in the form of data, videos, applications, and APIs to a worldwide audience at high speeds and within a developer-friendly environment.
Akamai’s Aura Licensed CDN: This licensed content delivery software is an advanced cloud-based platform for distributing and accelerating web content, applications and video while enhancing the quality of web experiences and reducing network costs.
Kitaboo Insight: A proprietary software solution, developed by HurixDigital, Kitaboo Insight allows you to create, publish and deliver content on multiple devices such as mobiles, tablets, and laptops. This mobile-first platform designed for eLearning can be used to create and deliver content in the form of:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- PDF Files
- eLearning Courses
A major advantage of this online learning development and delivery tool is the fact that it can be seamlessly integrated with your existing LMS, thus, allowing a smooth transition for your learners.
Besides, you don’t need any existing system overhaul. It also supports LTI (Learning Tool Interoperability) as a tool provider. The tool is xAPI compliant and comes with exceptional customer service support.
How to Choose the Right LMS for Your Business
These were some of the best online learning development and delivery platforms. In order to ensure that your learners have an unmatched learning experience, you must leverage a tool that can address their learning needs.