With the turn of the century, education underwent a revolution in terms of content, approach, and teaching methodologies. Modern technologies not only reshaped the concept of imparting education but also added a new dimension to it. This new dimension went beyond the physical classrooms and conventional teaching methodologies, thanks to educational solutions company.
Through online education platforms, students overcame the barriers of space and time. And for educational institutions also, prospects of reaching students beyond their geographical reach was quite fascinating. The overall acceptance of this new revolutionary way of teaching and learning tremendously boosted the growth of the industry.
The global e-learning market, which was valued at $107 billion in 2015, is predicted to touch a whopping $325 billion by 2025. Characterized by ease of access, the ability to overcome the limitations of time and geography, and cost-effectiveness, the e-learning industry is achieving new milestones and offering better options to learners everywhere.
Students are actively exploring online and blended learning options and are highly inclined to adapt to methods that enrich their education and qualification without limiting their freedom.
Transforming Education and Learning with Digital Solutions
Universities and institutions all across the world are introducing online programs in their curriculum to provide better opportunities to their students. Conventional classroom faculty lectures are being replaced by online teaching sessions, video lectures, e-learning modules, and online evaluations.
Educational services companies are renovating the teaching landscape by offering innovative services like learning management systems, mobile learning solutions, game-based learning solutions, e-learning content, self-assessment platforms, and digital libraries.
Learning Management Systems (LMS) are comprehensive applications that can be used to develop educational content and perform certain administrative functions such as documentation, reporting, tracking, and maintaining records.
ePUB3 Automation is a revolutionary way to convert your e-books and PDFs into ePUB formats that are easily accessible from multiple devices.
Gamification enhances learning by introducing creative gaming elements and aspects into teaching methods.
Content delivery platforms use technology to revolutionize the way educational content is delivered to the learners.
Mobile learning solutions convert heavy content into bite-sized content to be consumed through mobile devices.
Assessment platforms are comprehensive tools that assess learners on various aspects without any hassles and generate personalized reports.
Digital content libraries are huge repositories of educational material accessible digitally across different devices.
Benefits of Partnering with an Educational Solutions Company
- Expertise and Resources- Companies providing digital solutions to universities invest heavily in state-of-the-art technologies and a pool of talent with specialized skills. Partnering with such an enterprise gives universities leverage and thrust to transform education being imparted under their aegis.
- Cost Effeciency- The biggest challenge while deciding between buying services and developing them in-house is the cost aspect. Universities often find the cost of acquiring the services daunting and opt to develop the program in-house to save this cost. Although some of the cost is saved by developing the programs in-house, the overall efforts and resources required to maintain and update the services turn out to be higher than the cost of acquisition.
- Back-end Support- An edtech company has the necessary technology, talent, and expertise to build and support the services. Since these programs are used by students across various geographies simultaneously, it is essential that there is no disruption in the services. A dedicated back-end support ensures smooth functioning of these services.
- Updates and Maintenance- Needless to say, the programs will need to be updated according to the changing curriculum or to incorporate certain new topics. With a dedicated support team, it would make the process seamless.
- Ready to Use- Off-the-shelf products are ready to use right from installation and initial set-up formalities. Even if the product needs to be customized as per the client’s needs, it is only a matter of time before it becomes available for use. This saves a lot of time especially when the new programs are launched, or necessary updates are made in the existing programs.
- Customization- Unlike traditional class-room courses, online programs can be highly customized. Universities can let the students choose from their choice of subjects, course duration, and types of teaching methodologies. Even if the overall course structure remains the same, there can be multiple customizations within the course to suit different types of students.
- Scalability- The programs are specially designed to take up additional load if and when the need arises. Instead of investing in a new program for the additional demand, it is convenient and cost effective to make minor changes in a scalable program. This maintains the uniformity across the platform and keeps services unobstructed.
- Better User Experience- Digital educational solutions are designed to make learning interesting. Teaching lessons through audio-visuals, games, interactive ebooks, and other innovative methods enhances the overall learning experience for the students. Learners can keep a track of their performance throughout the course duration, instead of waiting till the term end to gauge their performance. Depending on the type of lesson and program, a student can connect with fellow students and faculty members and be a part of a bigger community.
- Higher Enrollment and Completion – Learning-on-the-go through online platforms does not limit the students to space or time. Universities that offer their students the flexibility to learn have higher enrollment rates and lower dropout rates. Students are more inclined to complete their courses when they are provided with convenience of time and place
- Useful Insights- Online courses collect important data regarding students, their browsing history, the time spent on each lesson of the module, and their performance. This information gives useful insights about the users and can be used to improve the products, offerings, and user-experience on the platform.
Higher Education in the New Era
The process of imparting education is dynamic in nature. It has to incorporate the required changes and transform accordingly in order to remain effective. The demands and expectations of the learners have made educators and institutions explore new and better ways to remain relevant.
With the advent of technology, things have been changing more dramatically and rapidly, and it has become imperative for educators to keep up with the changes. Partnering with an educational solutions company such as HURIX is a practical way for universities to smoothen the process and create ideal learning experiences for students.
How Mobile Learning is Changing the Educational Landscape
Digital Solutions for Universities and Higher Education Institutions
9 Reasons for the Growth of eLearning in Education
Why Should Colleges and Universities Develop eLearning Programs?
Best eLearning Solutions for Digital Natives