PowerPoint is a widely accepted format for presentations from Microsoft. Boasting of a great slide deck, it is used across every industry ubiquitously. But when it comes to an organization’s eLearning needs, just the presentations (PPTs) may not be enough. It needs to be converted to a more suitable format such as SCORM using a PPT to SCORM converter.
Why Do You Need to Convert PPTs to SCORM?
PPT files have very limited LMS support. SCORM, on the other hand, is a universal eLearning standard for both collecting and organizing training content into uniform digital packages for usage as well as tracking in various learning management systems.
Converting your course material from PPT format to SCORM packages ensures that it will work on almost every LMS out there. With SCORM, you can quickly and easily upload the course to an LMS and share it with learners.
Additionally, it seamlessly tracks the interactions that a learner has with the content and also allows you to incorporate multiple other elements to your content such as exams, quizzes, interactivity, among other features.
Related Read: Best Practices in Creating SCORM Content for Your LMS
The Best Tools to Convert PPTs Into a SCORM Package
Converting your PowerPoint presentations into a SCORM package is an easy process if done with the right converter. The conversion allows each slide in the PowerPoint presentation to become a slide in a new SCORM presentation, where you can either add new slides with interactive elements such as questions and quizzes or overlay interactions on the content.
The result will make your presentation more user-friendly with interspersed quiz questions in an easy format that an LMS can track.
Here we have put together a list of good PPT to SCORM converters that can help you easily convert your PowerPoint online courses to SCORM compliant eLearning courses –
iSpring is one of the easiest and most convenient tools available in the market that can help you with seamless PPT to SCORM conversion.
Following are the features of iSpring PPT to SCORM converter –
- Ensures that all animations, transitions, and triggers remain intact after conversion
- Keeps everything including effects, fonts, and embedded videos exactly the same as in the original PowerPoint file
- As an authoring tool, iSpring delivers a product range that builds on PowerPoint’s robust functionality and adds a range of useful extra features
Given below are the steps you need to take to convert your PPT files into a SCORM package –
- a. Download iSpring free and follow the installation instructions
- The next step is to open the presentation you want to convert to SCORM
- Navigate to the iSpring Free tab and click Publish
- Select the file format (Flash or HTML5), check the generate SCORM 1.2 Compliant course, and click Publish
2. Articulate Storyline 360
Articulate Storyline 360 is another popular tool among instructional designers to convert their PowerPoint presentations to SCORM. Mentioned below are some of the features of this tool –
- It’s a standalone application that allows you to import. PPTX files to convert them to a SCORM package
- Allows you to add quizzes, videos and a lot of other interactive features
The following are the steps you need to take to convert your PPT files to a SCORM package with Articulate Storyline 360 –
- Import your PowerPoint presentation to the storyline
- Go to create a new project and click import PowerPoint
- Choose the presentation you want to use and click open
- Select the slides you want to include in the import (select all if you want to import the entire presentation) and export your content in SCORM
Related Read: Benefits of Using a SCORM Compliant LMS
3. Adobe Captivate
Given below are some of the features of this tool –
- Essentially a desktop application that features similar functionality to that of iSpring and Articulate but with a different interface
- Allows you to boost your presentation with quizzes, videos, or other interactive elements and pack it into a SCORM file
Steps to convert your PPT files to a SCORM package with Adobe Captivate –
- Download Adobe Captivate for your platform and install
- Start the application and select New Responsive Project
- Click on File and import the PowerPoint Slides
- Go to Project Info once the importing is finished
- Select the version of SCORM you’d like to use, followed by selecting SCORM eLearning output and clicking Publish.
4. PPT2Flash Professional
PPT2Flash is yet another authoring tool that allows users to create SCORM-compliant eLearning courses from PowerPoint presentations.
Mentioned below are the features of this converter –
- Allows you to easily create high-impact web presentations and eLearning courses with SCORM compliance from your PowerPoint files
- With this tool, you can import or record audio narrations, insert additional Flash files, and add various slide attachments before publishing your presentation as SCORM content to the LMS
- Other features of this conversion tool include timeline audio editor, support for most PowerPoint animations and transitions, integrated compression, and more
The following are the steps you need to take to convert your PPT files to a SCORM package with PPT2Flash professional-
- Download the installer, run the setup routine, and follow the instructions
- Open any existing presentation with PowerPoint and select the PPT2Flash Professional tab
- Click the Publish button to generate an output with various learning management systems, SCORM, in this case.
- After selecting the output option, click the Convert button to start the conversion process. The time taken for conversion usually depends upon the size and complexity of your presentation.
5. Lectora Integrator
Lectora is a paid course authoring tool that allows you to convert PowerPoint presentations to SCORM compliant courses. Given below are the features of this conversion tool –
- Helps you add interactivity and narration to your PowerPoint slides
- Convenient interface that lets you convert your PPT presentation and eLearning courses into a compelling SCORM compliant Flash courses in just a few seconds
- Allows you to save your PowerPoint presentation in HTML format using PowerPoint, followed by importing this HTML zip file into the LMS and viewing it without the need of PowerPoint
The following are steps you need to take to convert your PPT files to a SCORM package with Lectora-
- Download Lectora Integrator for your platform and install
- Select Import PowerPoint to browse the path of the presentation and click on convert
- The next step is to enter the project size, and select Import Only Supported Transitions under Transitions tab
- Select all and click Next to import the PowerPoint presentation
- Once you have imported the PPT into Lectora, you can publish the eLearning content to SCORM
Converting your PowerPoint presentations to a SCORM package is an excellent way to re-use your existing content. Apart from eliminating the need to create your content from scratch, the conversion also offers a good structure to start with.
Although there are multiple authoring tools available that enable PPT to SCORM conversion, we have covered the most popular ones which you can use to transform your PowerPoint presentations into a SCORM package. And if you need more information and support for converting your PowerPoint presentations to SCORM packages we can always help.
Need to know more about our Products & Services ? Drop us a Note.