The more a business grows, the greater is its need for streamlined professional skills and knowledge development across all functions and roles with elearning platforms and other kinds of tools. As new departments and teams get added, there arises a demand for specialist learning for onboarding, skill upgradation and smooth assimilation with the company.
It goes without saying, offering training to employees is necessary, however, administrating training can be problematic, especially as you scale. Besides, it can also be expensive. Sending employees for training to different venues can disrupt your training budget and arranging for cover while they are away is also problematic.
In today’s competitive scenario, it becomes imperative to provide employee training and a way forward for businesses is to leverage an eLearning platform, which is more cost-effective and offers greater level of flexibility.
With an eLearning platform, you can custom-develop and deliver digital courses to employees across time zones and geographies. Besides, they can take the training anytime they want, without having to travel to distant places to a scheduled venue and time. Learn which type of elearning course is best for you Custom Content or Off-the-shelf Courses.
Table of Contents:
- Why you should invest in an eLearning platform for training your employees?
- Why does your business require an eLearning platform?
- Top 7 Benefits of Using an LMS
1. Save Time and Money
2. Efficiently Manage your Course
3. Easy Access to Information
4. Custom Design Courses to Reflect your Brand
5. Advanced Reporting Features
6. Easily Update Content
7. Mobile Learning
8. More Immersive Learning Experiences
- To Sum it Up
Why you should invest in an eLearning platform for training your employees?
With an eLearning platform, you can store all your training material in one single cloud-hosted repository. This will make a huge difference to your business because:
- All the resources are at one place, no matter when you purchased them. And since everything is centrally located, it is simpler to browse through and find the data you want.
- An eLearning platform is like a virtual campus, your employees can login anytime, and anywhere to access the training material.
- Course administrators can send notifications and emails about the new courses, the employees who have to take them, and the deadlines by which they have to complete. Besides, they can also monitor how many people have enrolled for a course and the progress they have made.
- You can also monitor and administrate the financial aspect of the course using the e-portal incorporated in the eLearning
- A dedicated eLearning platform also simplifies learning for your employees as they don’t have to shuffle between various online platforms to access the courses.
Given these benefits and more, it becomes vital for businesses to offer their training and development courses through an eLearning platform.
Why does your business require an eLearning platform?
There are various types of eLearning platforms available, the most common being a learning management system, often called an LMS. An LMS offers several advantages, such as face-to-face training, instructor-led training, blended learning, all of which can either replace or facilitate traditional classroom learning.
Besides, with an LMS, you can save time and money since it allows easy administration of lessons in a user-friendly online setting. It allows you to manage registrations for courses, notifications, communications, and certificates and reports.
Here are some benefits of an LMS:
1. Save Time and Money:
By using an LMS, you can save hours of time in creating, updating, managing and delivering training programs. Unlike traditional methods, online courses are automated and programmed in tune with the needs of an organization.
And also, employees do not have to travel to a specific venue and so businesses save in terms of travel and accommodation costs. The money thus saved can be used for more constructive purposes. Besides, these courses can be accessed any number of times by employees. Learn how to optimize your eLearning ROI.
2. Efficiently Manage your Course:
An eLearning platform provides you complete control to efficiently administrate your courses and communicate with employees and trainers. The learners can also upload their assignments or projects on the platform and share with their managers, which then can be stored in a database. Learn more about the best eLearning Content Development for Effective Training.
3. Easy Access to Information:
One of the primary benefits of an eLearning platform is that all information is structured and organized in a single place, making it easily accessible to all users. Courses, multimedia content, calendars, archives and evaluations can be easily accessed with a few clicks of a mouse.
4. Custom Design Courses to Reflect your Brand:
An eLearning platform allows organizations to completely custom-develop their content using their own corporate image and brand. Here’s a list of the 8 Best LMS Options to Enable Online Course Creation for your Employees.
5. Advanced Reporting Features:
An eLearning platform includes tools to evaluate tests and analyze the results. Besides, organizations can also create, personalize and download detailed reports to evaluate the progress of the learners, either individually or as a group.
6. Easily Update Content:
In any traditional learning environment, businesses would have to invest in printing updated training material. An eLearning platform, on the other hand, provides tools to easily update content and notify the learners about the new updates. So, companies also save time and money in printing additional material.
7. Mobile Learning:
As more and more users access their content on their mobile phones, businesses are increasingly using mobile-first platforms to create mobile training content which their employees can access while on the move.
With mobile-first eLearning platforms, you can create short videos, interactive games etc., which serve as instant performance support and provide access to information to the employees when they need it the most.
The content created through these mobile-first platforms is reflowable, that is, it flows to take the shape of the device on which it is viewed, be it a smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC. Besides, employees can also store and share their training materials and also download for offline access. Here are the top Benefits of a Mobile-First LMS Platform in Employee Training.
How to Choose the Right LMS for Your Business
8. More Immersive Learning Experiences:
With an eLearning platform, you can create media-rich content using videos, images, audio and text. Multimedia learning is more immersive learning, resulting in greater learning outcomes. Besides, communication tools such as chat platforms and online forums helps to create a more collaborative, interactive, and personalized learning environment.
To sum it up
So now you see that investing in an eLearning platform will enhance your training program and help your employees learn more effectively. Moreover, your L&D team will not only be able to deliver but also manage the employee training program efficiently.
- Top eLearning Development Companies for Enterprises & SMBs
- 10 Best LMS Solutions to Consider for Employee Training
- 11 Smart Tips to Choose the Right eLearning Vendor
- Custom LMS- An Effective Way to Transform Employee Training
- Outsourced Content Development vs In-house Content Development
- Benefits of a Mobile-First LMS Platform in Employee Training