With technological advancements, business applications are evolving rapidly and thus, application training has gained momentum in enterprise L&D. In the last decade, a plethora of innovations have become mainstream technologies. With artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotics leading the way, many enterprises are leveraging technology to drive business growth. This makes application training essential to help your employees adapt to the evolving work trends and upskill themselves to meet the changing demands.
Table of Contents:
– The Need to Upskill Your Employees
– The Answer Lies in Application Training
– The Role of Business Application Training in Upskilling Employees
– Right Content on the Right Platform
– Off-the-Shelf Training Materials
– Recording Live Training Sessions
– eLearning Modules
– Customized eLearning Programs
– Key Benefits of Business Application Training
The Need to Upskill Your Employees:
According to the organization for Economic Co-operation and Development study, there is a 50% chance that nearly 46% of all jobs will become obsolete or be altered beyond recognition in the near future. Similarly, an International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity report states that an estimated 30% of students graduating from secondary schools will lack the skills needed to perform most jobs.
Positions that require the knowledge of the following domains are predicted to remain unfilled at an unprecedented scale.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
- Machine Learning (ML)
It is quite evident that with technological advancements, employees will be expected to adapt to new skills to perform better. The question is – How can they assimilate themselves to the ever-changing technological world?
The Answer Lies in Application Training:
The evolution of technology has sparked an interest in online application training for employees. The term refers to an expansion of the capabilities of the existing workforce, thereby equipping them with the skills needed to adapt to the rapidly changing economy and improve the scope of their employability. Such initiatives can be organized at industry or community levels. However, at this stage, this is being primarily done at an organizational level.
Upskilling is a comprehensive initiative aimed at imparting applicable knowledge that can be converted into productive results. Through application training people aren’t just learning new skills in theory but acquiring practical knowledge that will enhance their productivity.
A crucial aspect of any training initiative including application training is identifying which skills would hold most valuable in the future. It is only by putting together the right combination of these elements that one can hope to design an effective application training program.
The Role of Business Application Training in Upskilling Employees:
L&D teams across industry verticals are continually looking for ways to make application training programs more effective and impactful. With 62% of media consumption of any form happening on mobile devices, dedicated corporate training apps are fast gaining a strong footing. These business application training apps place great emphasis on personalized learning, giving the learner complete control of their learning journey. By allowing them to consume training materials anytime, anywhere in the form of videos, audios, books, and targeted course modules designed by thought leaders.
When enterprises use online content delivery platforms for business application training, they make the process of learning truly dynamic by leveraging features such as:
- A diverse mix of learning modalities that can cater to individual learning abilities and styles.
- Clean UX design that delivers a rich user experience.
- Ability to track progress in tangible terms through analytics, reporting, and measurement.
- Extensive discovery and search options.
- Curated learning plans complete with featured topics.
- Personalized recommendations for learning depending on the skill set of the employees.
- Connecting employers across the organization to create an atmosphere of collaboration and social learning.
- Mobile app-based learning.
- A full suite of administrative features and learning options.
A responsive, mobile app-based, optimized learning management system makes a perfect fit for any business application training program. To find the ideal platform for delivering business application training, you must first identify the reason behind undertaking an application training program. For a lot of organizations, the end goal is to enhance employee retention and development.
Right Content on the Right Platform:
Once your application training goal has been clearly identified and established, you can begin the process of delivering the right kind of content to add value to your application training program.
Here are a few ways in which you can effectively deliver the right content on the right platform:
- Off-the-Shelf Training Materials
- Recording Live Training Sessions
- eLearning Modules
- Customized eLearning Programs
Off-the-Shelf Training Materials:
These are great tools to deliver high quality, specialized content to your employees. Some of the features of Off-the-Shelf training materials are:
- Developed by SMEs
- Adhere to a high standard of content quality
- Quick to implement
- Easy to upload on your application training platform
- Easy to run a test and launch
These courses can be a bit expensive, but if budgetary constraints are not a concern, these are quite effective for delivering business application training.
All the webinars pertaining to the workings of the new business application adopted by an enterprise can be recorded and uploaded to the online training platform. Some benefits of webinars include:
- Encourages application training through bite-sized modules
- Easy exchange of information
- Long term value
- Easy to store presented content
Recording Live Training Sessions:
Another way to add content to your mobile app or other online training platforms is to record every live application training event. Optimize the quality of this learning exercise by investing in high-quality equipment such as a lapel mic and multiple cameras to deliver a better learning experience to your employees.
Instead of investing time and money in creating content for business application training, you can outsource the entire exercise to an established eLearning service provider to create an application training module for you.
This will help you to:
- Focus on your unique business needs
- Save training cost
- Reduce training time
- Deliver personalized training
- Motivate employees to learn
Read more about the benefits of investing in custom eLearning courses for your enterprise.
Customized eLearning Programs:
Alternatively, you can create your own in-house application training program. The benefit of this approach to any business application training exercise is that you can help your employees understand exactly how a new application fits into your business processes and internal work environment.
Key Benefits of Business Application Training:
Delivering application training on digital training platforms has several benefits:
- It allows every individual to learn at their own pace, in their own style, and as per their existing skill sets and capabilities.
- It uses emerging technologies such as ML and AI to digitize training initiatives, making them far more engaging.
- With the help of ML capabilities, voice recognition, and real-time feedback, even a standard business application training module can be used as a personalized tool of learning for each employee.
- Pattern building incorporated in application training helps improve retention values greatly.
For the Future
Whether or not we embrace the idea, a change is coming at us at lightning-fast speed. AI, ML and robotics are speeding up the digital transformation process. Upskilling the employees, who form the backbone of any organization, is the key to drive better productivity and business growth. This is where application training and other types of corporate training programs will help you.
With technology being at the fore-front of many business operations, application training becomes vital to edge over your competition. If you want to harness the full potential of your employees, application training will help you by strengthening their existing skills and preparing them for future needs.