With the rise of eLearning, businesses, and education institutes are using the online medium to deliver exceptional learning experiences more efficiently and cost-effectively.
Bespoke eLearning is one such trend that is now taking the eLearning opportunity to the next level. Instead of off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all courses that were being offered till now, bespoke eLearning courses are slowly garnering attention for their ability to be customized based on the specific needs of the learners.
In this blog post, we will discuss what bespoke elearning is, ways to implement it, and how it can benefit your organization.
Table of Contents:
- What Is Bespoke ELearning?
- What Are The Types Of Bespoke ELearning?
- Top 5 Benefits Of Bespoke eLearning
- Closing Words
What Is Bespoke ELearning?
Bespoke eLearning refers to personalized digital learning content designed for a specific organization. Unlike generic off-the-shelf eLearning, bespoke eLearning is tailored to meet the organization’s specific requirements, including its culture, objectives, and workforce.
The content can be delivered in different formats, such as interactive modules, videos, quizzes, and simulations. It can cover a wide range of topics, from compliance and safety training to leadership and professional development.
Bespoke eLearning is a growing need not just for educational institutions but also for workplace learning and development. The global learning industry is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.19% between 2022-2027 and is expected to increase by USD 4.4 billion this year.
Thus, bespoke content will majorly affect how eLearning content is created and consumed.
What Are The Types Of Bespoke ELearning?
When it comes to bespoke eLearning, there are various types of approaches to it that you can explore. Each type is tailored for specific learning experiences and can be combined or standalone. The types of bespoke eLearning include the following:
- Self-paced Learning: In this approach, the student is provided with all the tools and resources they need to learn and progress along the course. These include video lessons, assignments, documents, and resources that students can consume at their pace.
- Instructor-led Learning: This type of learning focuses on having an instructor or teacher provide live classes or coaching to students, and they determine the pace of the entire course. Since the learners are in a classroom-like space, they can interact with other learners, get real-time feedback, and get the benefit of learning from an expert.
- Blended Learning: This approach brings the best of both worlds. The course allows learners to explore topics using the self-paced method to teach the basic concepts and explore the topic in-depth. Meanwhile, instructor-led classes help to review assignments, answer questions from the learner, and help to ensure the steady progress of the learner.
Top 5 Benefits Of Bespoke eLearning
Bespoke eLearning content may take longer to implement compared to off-the-shelf courses that are a direct plug-and-play. However, Bespoke eLearning comes with inherent benefits, which include the following:
1. Greater Flexibility
Bespoke eLearning courses are built specifically to the learner’s demand, often using a combination of self-paced and instructor-led learning materials. This helps the learner get a comprehensive learning experience, and they can choose the topics that are most relevant to their interests.
Plus, the course can be accessed anytime, from anywhere, and on any device, making it a convenient option for several learners. This helps make the course apt for a wide range of learners, be it students, full-time workers, or others.
2. Easy To Update
The problem with most off-the-shelf courses is that they are very hard to update with the latest mandate and information. Since the entire course system is designed only once, including updates or new information may require the old course to be scrapped and a new one to be designed.
Bespoke eLearning solves this issue by ensuring that each module is designed per the learner’s demands. This makes it easier for the module to be updated and included/excluded in the course that is offered to the learner, making it highly scalable and ideal for the long run.
3. Personalized Content
Bespoke eLearning courses can be tailored to the specific needs of the organization and its employees. This means that the content is personalized, relevant, and engaging, which can lead to better learning outcomes and higher retention rates.
Plus, the company can add its branding and take complete ownership of the course contents.
4. Leverage Existing Content To Design New Courses
Bespoke elearning programs allow trainers to choose existing content and design the course based on the need and type of learner. This can completely transform employee training and teaching mechanisms, which is ideal for industries with multiple stakeholders and departments.
For example, a company can have marked-tailored training and tech-focused training. While this is apt for the marketing and tech teams respectively, a salesperson will need the combination of both to efficiently perform their role.
This is where the training teams can take relevant sections of both courses. Thus, the salesperson knows the basics of technology to sell the product and also gets the marketing expertise to know what to say.
While Bespoke eLearning may require a high initial investment, it is cost-effective in the long run. By creating customized content, organizations can reduce the time and resources spent on training and the frequency of in-person training sessions.
In summary, Bespoke eLearning ensures that:
- Content is crafted and designed per the organization’s branding, featuring imagery that helps the learner relate and connect with the content better.
- Content is specific to the learner’s needs, enabling them to get a tailor-made course that is relevant and engaging.
- The learner’s experience is customized to suit the required learning mandate of the organization or the learning body.
Thus, bespoke eLearning offers personalized, cost-effective, and ideal for use by educational institutions and organizations. Enterprises can use this approach to create tailored content for the organization’s specific needs, which can lead to better learning outcomes and higher retention rates, and helps solve critical business problems.
If you want to implement bespoke eLearning in your organization, consider working with an experienced eLearning provider to create customized content that meets your specific needs.
Hurix Digital offers Learning Management Systems that help organizations track and create content for their employees. Plus, it is easy to design courses on this platform and customize them to your business needs to improve employee skills and productivity.