Empowering Government Agencies With AEM Solutions: Streamlining Processes And Enhancing Citizen Experience
Most governments and government agencies are associated with terms like ‘red tape’ and ‘bureaucracy.’ But with changing times and such a treasure trove of digital transformation services like Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), that too has to change. Why? Because empowering citizens and streamlining processes pave the way for efficiency at the grass root level.
In this article, we will understand what AEM solutions are and how government agencies can leverage them to get in sync with the 21st century with an eye to the future.
Table of contents:
1. What Are AEM Solutions?
2. The Challenges Government Agencies Can Tackle Through AEM Solutions
3. The Benefits of Implementing AEM Solutions For Government Agencies
4. Put People First With AEM!
What Are AEM Solutions?
AEM solutions are a comprehensive content management system (CMS) and a digital experience platform. It is part of the Adobe Experience Cloud suite, which includes marketing, analytics, advertising, and commerce tools. Some of them are:
- AEM Sites
- AEM Assets
- AEM Forms
- AEM Communities
- AEM Mobile
- AEM Screens
- AEM Commerce
- AEM Content Fragments
- AEM Experience Fragments
- AEM Workflow
- AEM Cloud Services
The Challenges Government Agencies Can Tackle Through AEM Solutions
There is a dire need for digital transformation in the public sector, but what is the right solution? How to scale cost-effectively and use people’s money right?
AEM is the answer. AEM solutions can solve the three most significant challenges that government agencies face.
- Inefficient, outdated systems: Legacy software, inefficient data management, the inability to adapt to the evolving digital landscape, slow processes, and ultimately lower productivity and complex decision-making are some of the most significant issues AEM can solve.
- Difficult and indirect communication and interaction with citizens: Lack of user-friendly, accessible, and personalized digital experiences for citizens can result in citizens feeling disconnected from their government. This can also lead to low transparency and accountability. AEM can help.
- Limited resources and low budgets: AEM is cost-effective and quick to implement. The challenge of training staff and investing in a complex digital infrastructure can be mitigated.
The Benefits of Implementing AEM Solutions For Government Agencies
AEM is a one-stop, cost-effective solution that enables government agencies and organizations to efficiently manage their digital assets and processes, improve citizen interaction and enhance security, among other things.
So what can it do for government agencies? Let’s learn more.
1. Create A Self-Service Digital Government To Boost Citizen Interaction.
AEM improves citizens’ access to information, services, and communication channels with government agencies. A report states that citizens expect their interactions to be digitally enabled. Government agencies can also create personalized digital experiences.
For example, the City of Sacramento increased 30% of its email subscribers through AEM. The goal was to provide residents with easy access to services, with email being their primary form of outreach.
2. Improve Accessibility And Inclusivity.
The AEM solutions align with the best practices and legal compliance for accessibility regulations. With 16% of the world’s population having some disability, a government FOR ALL will boost trust.
In addition, the AEM itself is tailored to meet the needs of all types of users.
3. Streamlined, Faster Operations.
Automated workflows and simplified content management through AEM tools can bring greater efficiency and improved public service delivery. For a lot of people, faster resolutions bring happiness.
The State of Oklahoma used AEM for web modernization during the pandemic highlighting the need to bolster engagement and bring multiple state agencies together. It worked!
4. Adopt Data-Driven, Insightful Decision-Making.
Harness powerful analytics for better insights, targeted services, and informed decision-making through Adobe Analytics, a part of the AEM offerings.
You can also use Adobe Sensei, a part of AEM’s ‘Intelligent Services.’ Know what needs to be addressed through data and make a more significant impact.
5. Cost-Effective Scalability.
It is crucial for government agencies to optimize resources and adapt to changing needs with a flexible, scalable platform. AEM is that and more. It can be tailored to the specific needs of government agencies for better efficiency and results.
In 2020, the US Census Bureau released its first digital census by partnering with Adobe and using AEM. As a result, USD 1.4 billion was saved through the effort, and the entire process was streamlined.
6. Enhanced Security And Compliance For Your Digital Framework.
AEM provides a secure platform that adheres to industry-standard security protocols and helps government agencies comply with relevant data protection regulations and guidelines.
In addition, in March 2021, Adobe partnered with all 50 US states to make their web experiences more modern and pass “unique hurdles from scalability to security.”
7. Seamless Collaboration And Integration With Other Software.
AEM fosters collaboration among different departments and teams within government agencies, promoting sharing of knowledge, resources, and best practices using a user-friendly, simple digital canvas.
The AEM solutions can also be easily integrated with other software and tools, enabling government agencies to create a unified digital ecosystem and leverage existing technology investments without further training.
8. Introduce A Centralized Content Management System For Large-Scale State-Level Data With The Option Of Cloud.
With Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), agencies can use a unified content management system to manage all their digital assets, including images, documents, videos, and other multimedia content, in one centralized location.
As Thomas Jefferson said, “Information is the currency of any democracy.” Cloud services can help you create and deploy innovations faster with the growing population and needs.
Put People First With AEM!
In the words of Albert Einstein, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” Yet, as government agencies face the challenge of modernizing their digital infrastructure and engaging with citizens, embracing innovative solutions like AEM becomes essential. So what are you waiting for?
Transform your government agency’s digital experience and drive better citizen engagement by contacting our experts at Hurix Digital. We offer AEM Solutions tailored to the unique needs of government agencies. With us, you can:
- Migrate current CMS to AEM
- Design and implement AEM
- Opt for managed services
- Do content authoring and asset management
- Train your team
- Integrate AEM with third-party tools
Discover what it can do for you just by saying hi! Take the first step towards a more efficient, accessible, and connected government agency with Hurix Digital’s AEM Solutions.