XML refers to Extensible Markup Language, which is essentially a text-based markup language derived from SGML (Standard Generalized Markup Language). The XML format cleverly executes data storage in a format that is both machine and human-readable. The idea behind the creation of XML file format was largely to store and transport data without being dependent on software/hardware tools.
ePUB is the XML format for reflowable eBooks or digital books and publications that is standardized by IDPF (International Digital Publishing Forum), a trade and standards association for the digital publishing industry.
Why convert from XML to ePUB?
An increasingly large number of publishers and authors are now moving towards ePUB or electronic publication – a popular and globally accepted eBook format. The key advantage of the ePUB format is that it changes the layout of the content according to the device you read it on.
Irrespective of the fact that somebody is reading your eBook on a tablet or a smartphone, it will always be displayed correctly.
Also Read: Best Ways to Convert Your PDF Files to XML
How to convert XML to ePUB?
In this blog, we’re going to discuss the stepwise procedure for XML to ePUB conversion.
In general, here’s what an XML to ePUB conversion flow looks like-
- Receiving input XML documents and files from their respective sources. In case the original document is in a paper format (such as hard copies or a book), the first step includes scanning of the documents/files
- The second step of the process involves proofreading and OCR processing of documents
- Once done, preprocessing begins in order to extract the relevant portions of documents required for the next step of conversion
- In the next step, XML conversion begins, followed by uploading final results and files in ePUB format
Although XML to ePUB conversion is not very difficult, the quality is hard to guarantee at times. Luckily, there are some robust converters available in the market from renowned solutions providers who are able to offer you the best quality to convert your XML files to ePUB.
Here we are discussing two of these converters, along with step by step procedure of converting files using these –
1. XML to ePUB conversion using GroupDocs Free Converter
GroupDocs is a free online XML to ePUB Converter to convert XML to ePUB online from any device, with any browser such as Chrome, Opera, and Firefox.
It is a fast and secure converter that allows you to save the result in multiple formats, including ePUB, TIFF, JPG, HTML, HTM, PDF, XLS, XLSX, DOC, RTF, ODT, MOBI, and many more.
The process of conversion from XML to ePUB in GroupDocs is pretty simple. Here are the steps you need to follow to convert your XML to ePUB using this converter-
- Open GroupDocs app website and select GroupDocs.conversion application
- Once done, click inside the file drop area to upload the XML file or drag & drop the XML file you wish to convert. Alternatively, you can right-click the file, so you load it using Microsoft Word or Notepad
- After your file is uploaded, click on the convert button, and the XML file will be uploaded and converted to ePUB format
- You can now send a link to the ePUB file to your email address. The converter makes the download link of result files available instantly after conversion
- You can use the free GroupDocs converter on any of the operating systems that have a web browser. This XML to ePUB converter works online and does not require you to do any software installation
It is important to note that your files will be deleted from the GroupDocs servers after 24 hours, and download links will also stop working after this period.
2. XML to ePUB conversion using PDF Mall
PDF Mall is another free converter that allows you to convert your XML files to ePUB in a few easy steps.
The converter is easy to use without any limitations and restrictions. The best part is that you don’t have to register on the platform, and you can also use this service on any device.
Here are the steps you need to follow for XML to ePUB conversion-
- Open the converter and select your XML files to convert from the computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, or by dragging it on the page. This can also be done by typing in the URL of the XML file you want to convert
- You can then select the text recognition mode on the platform from
– Use Only Text from XML or use OCR
PDF Mall has a remarkably decent interface and robust OCR technology. Using its Optical Character Recognition (OCR) tool, you can easily scan paper documents to generate their electronic versions.
- Once done, you need to choose ePUB or any other format you need as a result. The converter supports more than 200 formats other than ePUB
- The last step is to let the file convert, and you can then download your ePUB file right afterwards
Both of these tools use high-quality scanners to produce the best outputs from almost any kind of input. They use their proprietary data capture tools to capture languages with high accuracy and for the styling and conversion process of all projects. Among the other highlights of these tools include-
- Fully optimized process flow
- A controlled work environment with robust in-process toolsets
- Frequent quality checks built into processes
- Extremely effective and quick tool for turning XML to ePUB
- Auto identification and processing of pictures or images and their placement into XML
- The converters are scalable and are capable of producing a consistent result
- User-friendly GUI and minimized manual processes
Also Read: 7 Best eBook Converters for Bulk Conversion
How to Automate PDF to ePub3 Conversion
The process of XML to ePUB conversion involves content transformation as required across generic and proprietary markup language.
Using the above converters, converting any form of the input file (word, PDF, application files, or hardcopy) to the required output file (ePUB) becomes much simpler and hassle-free. HurixDigital also offers XML to ePUB conversion services where you can convert all your XML files efficiently and securely to an ePUB format.
Need to know more about our Products & Services ? Drop us a Note.