Having the best eReading device but still unable to view an eBook on it? Wondering why? Well, it happens when your eBook format is incompatible with your eReading device. But there’s nothing to worry about, thanks to the various eBook conversion tools.
The EBook content conversion services or eBook conversion software convert your eBooks into recognizable file formats for your eReading device. Unfortunately, given the numerous digital book file formats, it is nearly impossible for any eReading device to recognize them.
This is where an eBook converter comes in handy.
In this article, we’ve listed 7 of the best eBook conversion tools supporting around 12 eBook formats for conversion. The best part is that they are free to download on a PC.
Let’s look at the benefits of an eBook converter before diving into the tools in detail.
Benefits of an eBook Conversion Tool
Here’s why you should use an eBook converter.
Simplified Publishing Process
The traditional book publishing cycle involves multiple stages that a typical publisher passes through. But digitization has beautifully transformed the way the publishing industry operates.
The various modern digital publishing tools and e-Learning content solutions have made the publishing process easier and more efficient.
Time-Saving and Cost-Effective Method
By trimming down the lengthy list of the publishing process, modern tools help publishers save more money and time.
The digital publishing method begins with an eBook converter that helps in the digital conversion process.
7 Best eBook Converters for PC
It is important to decide on the final eBook format as not all eReading devices recognize every eBook file format. For example, the ePUB format is supported by all eReading devices except Kindle. After you’ve decided on your eBook format and the eReading device, the next step is to select an eBook converter.
Here are some of the best eBook conversion tools.
1. Hurix Digital
Hurix Digital enables you to transform your books into a fixed-layout ePUB that can be accessed from any platform. The software also considers the requirements of clients or publishers depending on their customized readers for static-layout ePUBs.
It offers features like glossary pop-up, read-aloud, text highlight, search functionality, audio/video integration, page zoom, etc.
The content conversion services follow the IDPF standard guidelines that allow easy upload and distribution of digital content.
- Interactivity-driven and high-quality digital content
- Reduced turnaround time and error-free output
- eBooks can be published and viewed on Android, Kindle, Windows, and iOS
- Users will have to swipe the screen to view the start and finish of the text
- A lot of blank space while accessing the text at a greater resolution
2. Icecream PDF Converter
PDF files are perfect for eBook conversion as they can hold images, bookmarks, and texts. Icecream PDF Converter is a tool that can convert any file to PDF format.
For example, it can convert JPG to PDF, Word to PDF, epub to PDF, etc.
The tool supports password-protected files and has built-in technology, enabling it to work as a basic PDF reader.
- Quick conversion of any file to and from PDF
- Intuitive and easy-to-use interface
- Doubles as a PDF reader
- Fluctuations in speed
- Limited features in the free version
3. Epubor Ultimate
Being one of the best eBook converters, Epubor Ultimate is premium software with many outstanding features. The tool allows you to access eBooks from any location, convert them to your chosen eBook format, and perform DRM removal.
The various input formats supported by the software include PDF, EPUB, AZW, Mobi, AZW1, AZW3, PRC, AZW4, Topaz, TPZ, HTML, and TXT.
Additionally, you can create Mobi, EPUB, and PDF output formats post-conversion.
- Converts DRM-signed and DRM-free eBooks
- No external software or add-ons are required for file viewing
- Offers batch conversion privilege
- Limited features in the trial version
- Access to premium tools requires a subscription
4. Online Convert
Online Convert is a free eBook conversion tool that enables the conversion of a wide range of file formats to an eBook. It supports eBook formats such as PDF, ePUB, TCR, LRF, MOBI, FB2, AZW, LIT, PDB, etc.
Additionally, the tool can also be used as an audio, image, video, document converter, etc.
While the free version allows the conversion of up to 20 files, signed-up users are allowed to convert around 200 files at a time.
- Available as an Android application
- Supports metadata file editing
- Supports almost all different file formats
- Confusing website navigation
- Limitations for file upload size
- Slow conversion speed
Caliber is an easy-to-use and powerful open-source ePUB converter with all the required tools for eBook conversion. In addition, the software enables you to download eBooks on your device and organize them according to their categories.
Additionally, you can also create a table of contents, edit metadata, and change the font and size of the text.
The formats it supports for editing are AZW3 and EPUB formats.
- Free downloads without any advertisements
- Output page size customization
- Supports text replacement
- Complex for new users
- Doesn’t support DRM-protected files
- Difficult to understand help files
Soda PDF is a conversion app that enables you to read and convert any eBook at any time on any device. The software offers one of the best e-Learning content solutions for reading books and PDF documents. It enables users to read any book in 3D, equal to flipping a book.
With multi-functioning abilities and the PDF converter, the app allows you to adapt any eBooks depending on your choices.
- Split or merge several PDF files
- Side-by-side feature to view and work with 2 eBooks at the same time on the same screen
- Supports online and offline reading
- Registration is required for the trial version
- Issues in PDF creator
Convertio is an easy-to-use web application that can transform thousands of file formats. For example, the software can handle scanned PDFs and scanned pictures and export them to different editable formats such as Word. It can also convert the text of an image file into a properly formatted document.
The app also offers online video conversion and many such content conversion services with free usage over the internet.
- PDF files and images can be uploaded from Dropbox, Google Drive, or a URL
- Files can be saved to Google Drive or Dropbox
- PDF creation from Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Doesn’t support output customization
- Limited file upload size of 100 MB
- Files can be converted only to EPUB, AZW3, and PDF formats
It should be easier for you to choose an eBook converter after considering the software’s various features mentioned above.
If you’re still confused, get in touch with Hurix Digital today. With years of experience, we offer content conversion services to publishers, educational institutions, enterprises, and associations worldwide. Our quality experts ensure that conversions are performed seamlessly without any issues.
So, contact us today for a hassle-free eBook conversion service!