Six basic concepts to make your design “SUPERB”
- Simplicity: Use a single element that conveys the key message clearly rather than 10 different elements that convey it in fragments.
- Unity: Use elements that support each other and work together towards a common goal.
- Proportion: When designing objects, keep basic proportions of elements in mind.
- Emphasis: Create a point of focus in your design – either a single element or an area of dominance.
- Rhythm: Rhythm can be created by repetition of elements to create a sense of movement and direct the viewer’s eye movement.
- Balance: Create symmetrical or asymmetrical balance depending on your approach by distributing the visual weight of objects, colors, texture, and space.